SAN DIEGO (KGTV) — Thousands of San Diegans have been left without a job due to the coronavirus pandemic and ABC 10News is committed to helping them get back on their feet.
Every week, we're compiling a list of San Diego employment opportunities covering a variety of industries to jump-start your job search.
Here's a list of job openings in San Diego County, as of Aug. 2, and a link to resources to continue searching:
Temporary Election Worker - Mail Ballot Drop-Off
Employer: County of San Diego
Description: The County of San Diego Registrar of Voters (ROV), Logistics and Warehouse Operations has the following temporary job opportunities for the Mail Ballot Drop-Off Ballot Collection Team:
- MBDO Monitor: Ensures mail ballot envelopes are properly signed and dated before placed into the ballot box while providing excellent customer service to a diverse voter population.
- MBDO Driver: Responsible for safely and securely transporting ballot boxes to and from mail ballot drop-off and poll locations throughout the county.
MBDO monitors and drivers work together in teams of two, following all state and county health orders for social distancing, daily temperature checks and use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
The MBDO program was established in 2014 as a convenient alternative to returning voted mail ballots via USPS mail. Ballots are dropped off at a secure location and voters enjoy an in-person experience like voting at a poll. The program eases congestion and lines at the polls on Election Day and ensures the timely return of mail ballots, saving time and taxpayer dollars.
Required: Applicants must represent the Registrar of Voters in a professional/non-partisan manner.
The following knowledge, skills and abilities have been identified as necessary and/or desirable for the positions:
- Positive attitude and dependability to show up on time for assigned shifts
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to learn and remember important details to complete chain of custody form
- Communicate effectively with staff, public and management
- Demonstrate friendly customer service skills
- Willingness to use smartphone application to complete weekly timesheet
- Read, write and speak English (bilingual a plus – please indicate on application)
- Work on a team with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to lift a ballot box weighing up to 30 pounds
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Flexibility to work night and weekend shifts
- Ensure health and safety practices are followed at ballot drop-off locations (monitor) or to/from ballot drop-off locations (driver)
- Ability to use GPS applications to navigate safely and efficiently to/from drop-off locations and scan ballot boxes to track location (driver)
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License (driver)
Employer: Wicked Maine Lobster
Description: Wicked Maine Lobster in San Diego, CA is looking for one cashier to join our 17-person, strong team. We are located on 550 W Date St. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, ambitious, and hard-working. Responsibilities include:
- Greet customers entering and leaving the business
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Accurately process all cash and credit payments
- Provide exceptional customer service
Required: Proven working experience as a cashier or in customer service and basic mathematical skills.
Veterinary Client Service Representative
Employer: Pet Emergency and Specialty Center
Description: Pet Emergency & Specialty Center East County is hiring a full-time Customer Service Representative and Receptionists to join our incredible team! The ideal candidate:
- has veterinary hospital experience required
- possesses strong customer service skills
- has excellent communication skills
- has a flexible schedule
Our Customer Service Representatives are the face of our hospital. They have to work well under stressful situations and always provide service with a smile. A flexible schedule and the ability to multi-task are a must!
Required: 1-year of customer service and veterinary experience preferred. High school diploma or equivalent also preferred.
Parts Counter Person
Employer: Kearny Mesa Hyundai Subaru
Description: Parts counter person answers customer phone calls, provides price quotes, looks up parts to fill customer request; receives orders and estimates by email, fax or internal requests, assures the parts that are ordered are correct and fills order per customer request; informs customers of companion part requirements and specials, and ensures that the customer is exposed to all OEM options.
Required: Must have previous automotive experience and experience in imports car lines. Must also be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Employer: Safety First Aquatics
Description: Safety First Aquatics is a multi-state provider of in-home swim lessons, lifeguarding, and other aquatic services. Safety First Aquatics is hiring Swim Instructors to teach lessons at clients' home and community pools right away! Instructors get to choose what lessons they want to take.
Required: Experience teaching swim lessons and reliable transportation.
Employer: Taylor Guitars
Description: The Import/Export Clerk is responsible for managing the flow of materials to/from Tecate. This includes but is not limited to receipt of the import truck and preparation of export truck moving between the two factories; permit processing to include CITES permit preparation for exports of regulated wood destined to Mexico; Key contact to the USDA for phytosanitary certification; Interaction with the mill to ensure proper wood handling to include fumigation needs; Prepare export documentation; Detailed knowledge of C-TPAT U.S. Importer requirements.
Required: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED). One year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to qualify to drive a company vehicle. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a clean driving record for company insurance coverage.
Description: The Installer will be part of Tesla’s Field Energy Operations team. As an integral member of the team, the ideal candidate will work cooperatively with other team members to successfully complete the installation and maintenance of energy products safely and on time. Responsibilities include:
- Learning basic energy system construction
- Learning basic energy product terminology and concepts
- Follows standard workmanship guidelines and receptive to coaching and direction
- Follows building standards and codes when installing panels and support structures
- Manages time and tasks effectively with a sense of urgency
- Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
- Assists with routine maintenance on energy systems
- Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Provide an exceptional customer experience to all customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Required: Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry preferred; employees must be able to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, several times a year, to various locations within the U.S.; High school diploma or equivalent and previous related experience preferred.
Employer: San Diego Blood Bank
Description: The San Diego Blood Bank is in a unique position to be one of the leaders of the blood industry into the future, by leveraging and extending its competencies to have even greater impact in our community and its health. SDBB will continue our mission of providing high quality blood and biological products on a local, regional and national scale while simultaneously integrating into scientific and clinical communities to actively drive the future of healthcare through research. Duties include:
- Responsible for recruitment, consent and demographic eligibility of interested moms.
- Responsible for NMDP coordination of paperwork, IND, chart review and upload of successful cords into national registry.
- Responsible for confirmatory testing and cord shipments for transplant.
- Assists with Hospital and physician agreements and training.
- Supports the SDBB safety, GMP and Quality Plan.
Required: Basic understanding of blood bank concepts, sterility and cell therapy; ability to perform basic testing with little or no supervision; High School with additional education, (AS or BS encouraged); previous work in blood bank and/or cell therapy.
Social Services Assistant
Employer: Avocado Post Acute
Description: Under the direct supervision of the Social Services Director the primary purpose of your job position is to assist in all aspects of the Social Services department as assigned and in accordance with current and existing Federal, State, and Local standards, as well as our established policies and procedures to ensure that the emotional and social needs of the resident are met and maintained on an individual basis.
Required: Must minimally possess a High School Diploma. Social Services experience in a Long-Term care setting (Required).
Employer: Veterans Village of San Diego
Description: VVSD is currently hiring an Office Coordinator for Cohen Veteran Network Clinic at Veterans Villages of San Diego. Under the general direction of the Business Office Manager, the Office Coordinator is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs.
Required: Good verbal communication skills, poise and ability to handle high volume telephone duty. Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations. Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
More resources to find job openings around San Diego County are available here.